Minimum requirements for graduating as an Honors Scholar for students following the 2012-2013 Catalog or later, and graduating in December 2015 or later:
Honors Credits (at least 15 Honors credits required)
- Honors in the Major (at least 12 Honors credits are required as follows):
- 2000-level or above
- At least 3 credits toward supervised Honors thesis/project;
- Earned in the major or related as approved by the departmental Honors advisor;
- Completion of additional or specific departmental Honors requirements, if applicable.
- Credits used toward Sophomore Honors may not overlap with the Honors in the Major requirements.
-Three (3) additional Honors credits earned at any level.
- These three additional Honors credits may have been used toward Sophomore Honors.
Honors Breadth and Depth (taken within above 15 Honors credits)
- Completion of at least 3 Honors credits (of the 15) in an Honors “course”:
-May not be an Honors conversion, independent study work, or the Honors thesis
-May be a graduate course
- Honors credits must be taken in at least two subject areas as indicated by course subject code (i.e. HIST, ENGL, PNB, etc.) with at least three credits in two subject areas
GPA and Grade Requirements
- Courses must be graded (no P/F and no S/U) with a B- or above to be eligible for Honors credits
- Earn a cumulative degree GPA of at least a 3.40
- Meet the departmental Honors GPA requirement (in the major or overall), if applicable
- Submit a hard copy of your approved Honors thesis with a signed approval form to the Honors Program office.
- An electronic submission to Digital Commons is highly recommended, but not a requirement.