Sharing Policy: The information collected here will not be shared with any outside parties and will only be shared in the aggregate for legitimate University purposes.
The Purpose of this Form: to collect application data to process the Sophomore Honors Awards.
The requirements to earn the Sophomore Honors Award are as follows:
- Enrollment in the Honors Scholars Program;
- 16 Honors credits including UNIV 1784 or 18 Honors credits earned;
- (1) Honors Core Course – counts toward required Honors credits for award. If you need to look up which courses were Core, go to http://honors.uconn.edu/academics/current-honors-courses/#PastHonorsCore;
- Completion of (1) Thesis/Research workshop (attendance marked on sign-in sheet);
- Attendance at (5) Honors Events and submission of corresponding journals;
- Minimum 3.400 cumulative GPA (no rounding) by the end of summer 2017 classes;
- If you had not yet satisfied the University’s Freshman English requirement at the time of entry into Honors, you must have completed Honors Freshman English (ENGL 2011).
Honors Course Credits
- Please list only Honors Courses, that have earned Honors credit, are in progress or will take in summer 2017, that you wish to apply toward Sophomore Honors Award.
- You must earn a B- or above to recieve Honors credit in a course.
- No Honors credit is earned for courses taken as pass/fail (P/F) or S/U.
- Graduate courses will not be listed on transcripts with Honors credit but may be used to meet Sophomore Honors requirements..
- Three Honors credits listed here may count towards the Honors graduation requirements, but not as part of the “Honors in the Major” requirement.
The Sophomore Honors Award application for 2017 is now available. Please apply by April 28, 2017. Be sure you have your unofficial transcript or a list of classes you plan to use before you begin. It should take about 5 minutes to complete.