All programs branded as “Honors Study Abroad/Away” automatically enable you to earn Honors credit, assuming you complete the designated Honors course(s) with a B- or better. Honors credit options are listed in the description of each program.
With good planning, though, you can earn Honors credit in most study abroad/away programs by doing one or more course conversions. Here are the steps you would use:
- After arriving at your destination, decide on a study abroad/away course you would like to convert for Honors credit.
- Discuss a conversion project with the course instructor AND (by email) with the Honors advisor in the department approving the course for UConn credit.
- Complete the Honors Conversion Request online and obtain approval from your instructor if they are a UConn employee or the Honors advisor in the department approving the course for UConn credit, and the Honors advisor in the department of your major.
- The UConn Honors advisor in the course department would be considered the instructor of record for the conversion project and would consult with the course instructor on site to confirm its successful completion.
- Alternatively, you may work under the supervision of the Honors advisor in the course department (from a distance) to complete a conversion project for a course taken while abroad.