Sharing Policy: The information collected here will not be shared with any outside parties and will only be shared in the aggregate for legitimate University purposes.
The Purpose of this Form: to collect application data to process the Sophomore Honors Awards.
Deadline: The application will be available in early April and will be due on the last day of spring classes – THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
The requirements to earn the Sophomore Honors Award are as follows:
- Enrollment in the Honors Scholars Program;
- 16 Honors credits including UNIV 1784 or 18 Honors credits earned;
- (1) Honors Core Course – counts toward required Honors credits for award. If you need to look up which courses were Core, go to http://honors.uconn.edu/academics/current-honors-courses/#PastHonorsCore;
- Completion of (1) Thesis/Research workshop (attendance marked on sign-in sheet);
- Attendance at (5) Honors Events and submission of corresponding journals;
- Minimum 3.400 cumulative GPA (no rounding) by the end of summer 2019 classes;
- If you had not yet satisfied the University’s Freshman English requirement at the time of entry into Honors, you must have completed Honors Freshman English (ENGL 2011).
Honors Course Credits
- Please list only Honors Courses, that have earned Honors credit, are in progress or will take in summer 2019, that you wish to apply toward Sophomore Honors Award.
- You must earn a B- or above to recieve Honors credit in a course.
- No Honors credit is earned for courses taken as pass/fail (P/F) or S/U.
- Graduate courses will not be listed on transcripts with Honors credit but may be used to meet Sophomore Honors requirements.
- Honors credits used to meet the Sophomore Honors requirements may count towards the Honors graduation requirements, Three Additional Credits, Honors Course, or Multiple Subjects, but not as part of the “Honors in the Major” requirement.
Please know while we will make every effort to review your application as soon as possible, it may not be reviewed immediately upon receipt. Please also remember that our staff members are mandated reporters for Title IX issues; any information you submit in this application would be subject to UConn reporting policies. If you feel you need more immediate assistance or support, we encourage you to reach out to the Dean of Students Office and/or Counseling and Mental Health Services. In addition, if you have concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and/or stalking, we encourage you to review the resources and reporting options available at: www.titleix.uconn.edu.
Be sure you have your unofficial transcript and have double checked for the “Honors credit” notation for each class you have earned Honors credit in. Email email@example.com with questions. It should take about 5 minutes to complete the award application.
Please only list the courses you wish to use towards this award and not courses you wish to use towards Honors in the Major graduation requirements.