Class of 2018* Deadline: November 9, 2016
*Students listed with intended dates of graduation of December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 must do one of the following by November 9, 2016:
- Complete and submit the signed Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study.
- Notify the Honors Program of your updated date for your intended graduation.
- Request an extension for the Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study for a reason listed below by emailing email@example.com.
If you are part of the graduating class listed above and you do not complete one of the three options listed above, you will be removed from the Honors Program.
Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study: Your Roadmap to Honors Scholar Graduation
The Honors Preliminary Plan of Study is required of all juniors interested in joining or continuing in the Honors Program. It is both a planning tool and an approval process. The form is intended to identify a pathway for how students will meet the requirements for graduation as an Honors Scholar, including coursework, specific departmental requirements, and the Honors thesis/project.
Revisions: After submission, course changes to this plan must be approved by the Honors advisor, but do not need to be submitted to the Honors Program until the submission of the Honors Scholar Final Plan of Study.
Multiple Majors: Students who plan to complete Honors requirements in more than one major need to complete an Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study form and obtain the necessary signatures for each Honors major.
Timetable/Deadlines for Honors Program Junior Applicants and Current Honors Students
- Honors Program Junior Applicants: You must submit the signed Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study as part of your application by the application deadline.
- Current Honors Students: It is recommended that you discuss your Honors plan with your Honors advisor during the spring as you register for the fall semester of your junior year. You must submit the form by the final deadline in early-November of your junior year (three or four semesters prior to graduation) to be eligible to continue in the Honors Program for your junior and senior years.
- Changes to Honors Major: If you change your intended Honors major after the submission of this form, a new Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study must be submitted for your new Honors major within two weeks of the change.
- Undeclared Majors: If your major is listed as ACES (Exploratory, Pre-Kinesiology, Pre-Pharmacy, or Pre-Teaching), Pre-Communications Sciences, Pre-Individualized, Pre-Journalism, or Undecided (Business or Engineering) in the Student Administration system in the fall of the junior year or you are in the process of changing your major, then you must email firstname.lastname@example.org, by the form’s deadline, to explain your circumstances and request an extension.
- Studying Abroad/Away/Internship/Etc.: If you are studying abroad/away or on an internship, and are unable to submit the form, you must email email@example.com, by the form’s deadline, to request an extension.
- Changes in Graduation Date: If you are planning to change your graduation date, you must notify the Honors Program prior to the deadline of this form. Your deadline will be adjusted according to your new intended date of graduation.
Departmental Consent: To be eligible to continue in the Honors Program, you must obtain departmental consent by submitting an approved Honors Scholar Preliminary Plan of Study that is signed by your Honors advisor(s) in your Honors major(s). Department heads will be sent a list of current and rising juniors who have submitted forms for review.
Removal from the Honors Program
If you do not submit an approved preliminary plan of study form by the deadline for your intended graduation date, you will be removed from the Honors Program unless you have been approved for an extension.