Applications are no longer being accepted for the following position.
Temporary University Specialist – Honors and Enrichment Programs
SPECIAL PAYROLL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Honors and Enrichment Programs
The Honors Program office is looking to hire a detail-oriented individual for a temporary administrative position in the Programming and Events division. This person will perform administrative, project-oriented tasks, including purchasing related to student programs, Honors student group and event-planning support, application of outreach strategies to undergraduate students, along with other office duties, as required.
The Temporary University Specialist will work primarily with students and staff. S/he will:
- Assist Programming staff in the planning and coordination of Honors Program events for students.
- Work with Programming staff to assist leadership of Honors student groups.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of project-specific budget expenditures, including, but not limited to, Leadership in Action, Dinner and a Show, and Lunch and Learn.
- Provide program support for the Washington, DC internship program, including travel.
- Assist in Husky for a Day student visits as a representative of the Honors Program.
- Schedule, coordinate, and assist in presenting or preparing materials for various project-specific workshops, including, but not limited to, thesis workshops and Presidential Scholars Enrichment Grant workshops.
- Maintain an updated collection of resource material and program information.
- Provide on-site supervision of events to oversee facility use and provide support.
- Serve as a resource to students and staff on matters relating to administrative procedures.
- Provide general supervision of student employee personnel and administrative support for Programming office functions.
- Provide support for communications efforts, including social media platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: 1 year of related office experience; ability to provide entry-level administrative office support; ability to work independently; excellent multi-tasking and interpersonal skills; strong writing and communication skills; ability to attend programming and events on evenings and weekends; and computer proficiency including Microsoft Office.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge of administrative processes and methods, experience with UConn systems, including travel and purchasing, and familiarity with undergraduate education are highly desired.
This is a temporary position, expected to begin July 31st, with an appointment term of 6 months, which may be continued pending need and funding. Hours will be negotiated with the department but will roughly be 35 hours during academic semesters. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, but will not exceed $23 per hour.
Please send a letter of interest and resume detailing your qualifications relative to the listed qualifications, and contact information for three professional references (including name, title, address, phone number and email address) to Anabel Perez Malone via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. (Search # HR 17-29)