Congratulations to the following faculty members, who will be receiving funds to develop new courses for the Honors Core.
- Alexis Boylan (Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies): “Gender, Sexuality, and the Power of Looking”
- Annamaria Csizmadia (Human Development & Family Studies) and Matthew Worwood (Digital Media and Design): “Growing up in a Digital Culture: Children, Parents, and Technology”
- Barbara Gurr (Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies): “Imagining America: Race, Gender, Sexuality and Identity through Speculative Fiction”
- James Magnuson (Psychological Sciences): “Science of Learning and the Art of Communication”
- Eleanor Shoreman-Ouimet (Anthropology): “Culture and Conservation”
- Alexia Smith (Anthropology): “Applied Research in Archaeobotany”
- Jennifer Sterling-Folker (Political Science): “Excavating the International in Everyday Practices”
These seven courses are expected to span all four general education content areas as well as the W designation and the upcoming environmental literacy requirements. We look forward to seeing the results of our faculty’s creativity, expertise, and hard work!