Graduate courses act as Honors courses, with Honors credit awarded for a grade of B- or higher.
This brand new course is designed to grow the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators in the InsurTech space. Students will be provided with training specific to the needs of a rapidly changing insurance industry, as well as opportunities to assist both startups and established companies test and implement new technologies that will fuel growth through innovation. This course is open to all graduate students and advanced undergraduate students in all schools/colleges.
- Increase the understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation within the InsurTech space.
- Compare and contrast insurance and InsurTech models.
- Evaluate how InsurTech companies are being supported and financed to develop and test their business models.
- Understanding of next generation cybersecurity exposures with InsurTech, including legal, regulatory, compliance and other insurance related issues.
- Assess case studies and hear from industry experts on the support and disruption of the industry.
The InsurTech Initiative is provided through a grant from CTNext and coordinated by the Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at UConn and the University of Hartford.