Honors Orientation FAQs (Stamford)
I read about my advising appointment, but can you tell me more about what to expect?
- Individual meeting (you and Kaitlin Heenehan, Honors Program Assistant Director for UConn Stamford, aka your “go to” for any questions now or later)
- Introductions – getting to know each other
- Review of your Interactive Advising Worksheet
- Discussion of your interests, major, and course options for fall 2021
- Finalizing enrollment in a full-time (at least 12 credits) schedule for fall 2021, including any necessary adjustments to courses you were pre-enrolled in
- Support and resource sharing as you make decisions about your fall 2021 schedule
Will I work with my Honors Advisor at Orientation?
All Honors students at Stamford will work with Kaitlin Heenehan, Honors Program Assistant Director for UConn Stamford, to register during Orientation. Kaitlin serves as Honors Advisor for all Honors Stamford students in the Academic Center for Exploratory Students (ACES) and as a secondary advisor and resource for all Honors students in Stamford. Your Honors Advisor in your major will be listed in your Student Admin account. If you have follow-up questions related to your major after your registration session, it is best to ask your Honors Advisor in your major. For questions related to Honors requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (just in case Kaitlin is out of the office).
I am expecting AP credit but I don’t have my scores yet, what should I do?
At least a week prior to your Orientation session, you will need to complete the Honors Interactive Advising Worksheet where you will indicate earned and expected ECE, AP, and IB credits. Your Orientation advisor will discuss your options based on your expected credits. Once your receive your scores, you will need to request that the College Board send them to UConn.
How do I change my major?
You may request a change to your major through your Applicant Portal. Undergraduate Admissions will review your request and notify you of any updates.
I already registered and I want to change my schedule. What should I do?
We understand that sometimes changes need to be made to a student’s schedule after Orientation. We recommend that you “swap don’t drop” so that you do not lose a seat before getting another. Reach out to Kaitlin Heenehan, Honors Program Assistant Director for UConn Stamford at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.