Instructor: Clarissa Ceglio
While this is not an Honors course, Prof. Ceglio welcomes Honors students of all majors and would be happy to offer Honors conversions for interested students. Alternatively, Honors students may enroll in the cross-listed graduate section (DMD 5998-011), which will entail additional advanced work.
In this Service-Learning course, we will apply digital public history tools and methods to a project undertaken in partnership with a cultural organization. This immerses students in issues of contemporary practice while building collaborative competency.
Students taking this class will be able to:
- Investigate humanities-based design thinking strategies and apply them to idea and project development
- Explore the roles and tools of digital public history professionals working in the cultural sector
- Deepen their ability to be an effective contributor to collaborative undertakings
- Learn how to develop a creative brief, work iteratively, make research-based recommendations, and propose sustainable practices
- Conclude the semester with portfolio-ready work and resume-worthy experience
Permission number required. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org