Welcome from the Honors Programming & Events Office!
We are proud to be the home of the Honors co-curricular initiatives and the first-year living-learning community. Our office is located on the first floor of Buckley Hall, which means we are close to all our first-year Honors students who live in Buckley and Shippee. Our upper-division Honors students are welcome to return to Buckley to visit our office as well.
Our unit supports Honors’ mission of “Explore. Create. Lead.” through coordinating nearly everything related to Honors that is not in a formal classroom, such as:
- Administering co-curricular University Honors Laureate requirements, including events, academics in action, and leadership;
- Advising our Honors student organizations and developing our Honors student leaders;
- Developing, administering, and facilitating Honors’ peer mentorship programs, such as PATH, UNIV Facilitators, and Guides for Peer Success (GPS);
- Acting as advocates for an inclusive Honors community;
- Helping Honors students connect to each other and to other campus offices, including Education Abroad or Residential Life;
- Serving as a friendly ear or someone to talk to for any Honors student!
Whether you want to get involved with our Honors student organizations, make progress on co-curricular Honors requirements such as Events or Leadership, or give back to younger Honors students through peer mentoring, Programming & Events can help you find opportunities. Our office has space for students to hang out, and our doors are frequently open to chat with students who stop by. We look forward to getting to know you!
Honors Programming & Events Office
1276 Storrs Road, Unit 4159
117 Buckley Hall
Storrs, CT 06269-4159
Phone: (860) 486-1616
Fax: (860) 486-1785