Welcome from the Honors Buckley Office!
We are proud to be the home of the Honors co-curricular initiatives and the Honors first-year living-learning community at UConn Storrs. Our office is located on the first floor of Buckley Hall, which means we are close to all our first-year Honors students at UConn Storrs who live in Buckley and Shippee. Our upper-division Honors students are welcome to return to Buckley to visit our office as well and regional campus students are welcome to connect with us virtually!
Our unit supports Honors’ mission of “Explore. Create. Lead.” by coordinating programming and activities related to Honors that are outside the classroom, such as:
- Administering co-curricular University Honors Laureate requirements, including events, academics in action, and leadership;
- Advising our Honors student organizations and developing our Honors student leaders;
- Developing, administering, and facilitating Honors’ peer mentorship programs, such as PATH, UNIV Facilitators, and Guides for Peer Success (GPS);
- Acting as advocates for an inclusive Honors community;
- Helping Honors students connect to each other and to other campus offices, including Education Abroad or Residential Life;
Whether you want to get involved with our Honors student organizations, make progress on co-curricular Honors requirements such as Events or Leadership, or give back to younger Honors students through peer mentoring, the Honors Buckley Office can help you find your opportunity. Our office has space for students to just hang out. Our staff is here to chat and serve as a friendly ear for someone to talk to for all Honors students. We look forward to getting to know you!
Honors Buckley Office Mission Statement
Empowering and developing UConn Honors students by providing holistic support, building campus connections, and fostering leadership while promoting an inclusive environment.
Contact the Honors Buckley Office
The Honors Program Buckley Office will be closed Summer 2023. If you need assistance with an Honors relater matter, please visit the Honors and Enrichment Programs Main Office located on the fourth floor of the John W. Rowe Center for Undergraduate Education (Rowe 419) or email us at email@example.com. Thank you.
Honors Buckley Office
1276 Storrs Road, Unit 4159
117 Buckley Hall
Storrs, CT 06269-4159
Phone: (860) 486-1616
Fax: (860) 486-1785