The University Honors Laureate designation recognizes enrolled Honors students who have completed depth in the major as well as breadth across the disciplines. To earn the University Honors Laureate designation, Honors Scholars must demonstrate involvement and leadership. Students must earn the Honors Scholar designation in the major to be considered for the University Honors Laureate designation with their degree.
Honors Scholar and University Honors Laureate Planning Worksheet – THIS IS NOT THE PRELIMINARY PLAN OF STUDY FORM
The minimum requirements to graduate as a University Honors Laureate are as follows:
- Meet all of the Honors Scholar graduation requirements for your major
Additional Honors Credits for University Honors Laureate
These requirements ensure that advanced Honors academics have constituted a substantial part of your UConn academic career.
- Earn a total of 30 Honors credits including those used toward Honors Scholar.
- Additional Honors credits beyond Honors Scholar may be in any subject.
- Of those additional credits, 6 Honors credits must be at the 2000-level or above.
University Honors Laureate Distribution Requirements
These requirements ensure that you have had breadth across your Honors degree, and they may be fulfilled across any of the 30 Honors credits, including those applied to Honors Scholar in your major.
A single course may fulfill multiple requirements.
- Honors Core: You must earn at least 3 Honors credits from the list of approved Honors Core courses.
- Categories: You must earn at least 3 Honors credits from the lists of approved courses in each of the following categories:
- Arts & Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Diversity & Multiculturalism: You must earn at least 3 Honors credits from a course with this designation.
University Honors Laureate Co-Curricular Requirements
These requirements bring explore, create, lead out of the classroom and help prepare you to be leaders in your field and your communities. Completion of the University Honors Laureate co-curricular requirements must be documented by earning the corresponding badges in your UConn Portolium account.
- Events: You must attend and reflect upon at least 10 approved Honors events, with at least one event in each of the following event categories:
- Career, Professional, and Personal Development
- Honors Community Development
- Academic & Interdisciplinary Engagement
- Multiculturalism & Global Citizenship
- Social Change, Service, & Sustainability
- Leadership: You must complete an approved leadership experience.
- Academics in Action: You must complete at least one approved academic enrichment experience in which you demonstrate creative productivity in addition to or beyond that required by the thesis or capstone project. Qualifying experiences will be:
- Academic in nature
- Representative of creativity or innovation
- Shared with an authentic audience