Academics are the cornerstone of the Honors Program, and we want to ensure that students take full advantage of Honors academics. It is important for you to know how many honors courses or credits you need to take per year as you work toward Sophomore Honors, graduation as an Honors Scholar, and Honors Participation requirements.
Honors Participation Requirements
The minimum academic participation requirements vary depending upon your catalog year, which is usually the year that you entered the University. Earning Honors credit may mean taking an Honors course, converting a course to Honors, or taking a graduate course towards graduation requirements. Exceptions may be given for studying abroad for the academic year or participating in internship/co-op work for the academic year.
- If you are following the 2011-2012 Undergraduate Catalog or earlier, you must earn Honors credit at least once per academic year.
- If you are following the 2012-2013 Undergraduate Catalog or later, you must earn 6 Honors credits per academic year.
Dismissal Due to Insufficient Honors Credits
- Each summer the Honors Program will review your record to verify that you have met the academic participation requirement.
- If you have not fulfilled the minimum academic participation requirement for your catalog year, you will be sent a link to an Honors Coursework Participation Form (coming summer 2014) requesting documentation of your Honors coursework participation.
- Please fill out the required Honors Coursework Participation form by the deadline listed on the form.
- If you do not complete this form by the deadline, you will be dropped from the Honors Program.
Minimum Grade in an Honors Course
- You must earn a minimum of B- on an Honors course or conversion to receive Honors credit.