This page contains Honors-specific information about course registration. Refer to the UConn Knowledge Base for more instructions about using the Student Administration System.
Registration “Pick Times”
Honors students receive priority registration appointments (“pick times”) compared to other students of the same academic standing.
- Refer to the UConn Knowledge Base article on viewing your enrollment appointment time in Student Admin.
- Compare your appointment with the Honors priority enrollment appointments, keeping in mind that only earned credits count toward your academic standing.
Note for first-year students: ECE credits are generally not "earned" in time for spring registration enrollment appointments.
- If you have any questions about your pick time, email email@example.com.
Priority Registration Chart
Finding Honors Courses
The Current Honors Courses page has three links:
- A dynamic Honors course listing for the current semester
- Descriptions of the upcoming Honors Core courses
- Descriptions of featured Honors courses, graduate courses, and conversions
Many Honors courses offered by academic departments will not be in the Honors Core or featured Honors course listings, but they will be in the dynamic course listing. However, the featured course listing is the only place where faculty and departments will advertise graduate courses that are open to Honors students and non-Honors courses where conversions are encouraged.
You may also search for Honors courses in Student Admin using the Dynamic Class Search (which can now be found under Manage Classes).
Adding a Course to Your Schedule
- In either the Honors course listing or Dynamic Class Search, note the Class # (first column) for the course in which you want to enroll.
- In your account, follow the instructions on adding a course to your schedule. Enter the class # in the Search for Classes field.
- All sections found via this search are offered for Honors credit, even if seats aren't reserved for Honors students.
- These searches may show enrollment sections only, not lectures connected to discussions or labs. The 12th column in Dynamic Class Search tells you if a given class section will auto-enroll you in any additional section(s). If so, you may need to conduct a different search to find the additional meeting times.
Checking Honors Course Registration
Refer to the IT Knowledge Base for how to view your class schedule.
When you view your schedule By Class, each enrolled course will display a Grading Basis. Honors courses have the "Honors Credit" grading basis. Most other courses will simply say "Graded."
“Invalid Grading Basis” Error
The "invalid grading basis" error occurs when a class is changed to/from Honors between the time you put it in your shopping cart and when you enroll.
Remove the course from your shopping cart and re-add it. You should now be able to enroll in the course.