Registration “Pick Times”
Honors students receive priority registration appointments (“pick times”) compared to other students of the same academic standing.
- Refer to the Knowledge Base article on viewing your enrollment appointment time in Student Admin.
- Compare your appointment with the Honors priority enrollment appointments, keeping in mind that only earned credits count toward your academic standing.
Note for first-year students: ECE credits are generally not "earned" in time for spring registration enrollment appointments.
- If you have any questions about your pick time, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding Honors Courses
The Current Honors Courses page has information about upcoming Honors Core courses, Honors general education courses, and featured Honors courses and conversions. Many Honors courses offered by academic departments are not listed on that page. Student Admin is always the most up-to-date source of information on Honors courses being offered.
Students must sign in through Guest Access to use Dynamic Class Search.
- If you are already signed it to Student Admin, open https://student.studentadmin.uconn.edu/ in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
A new window in the same browser isn't sufficient!
- Click the Guest Access button.
- Rather than searching, go immediately to the Search Results tab.
- Select your semester, check your campus(es), check Honors classes, and then click the Search button.
You do not need to select a subject.
Adding a Course to Your Schedule from Dynamic Class Search
- Make sure that you are signed in to Student Admin as yourself in a separate browser (not browser window) from the one in which you are viewing Dynamic Class Search.
- In Dynamic Class Search, note the Class # (first column) for the course in which you want to enroll.
- In your account, follow the instructions on adding a course to your schedule. Enter the class # in the Search for Classes field.
- All sections found via this search are offered for Honors credit, even if seats aren't reserved for Honors students.
- You may click on the Class # to see more information about a course, including pre-requisites and whether instructor consent is required.
- This search generally shows enrollment sections only, not lectures connected to discussions or labs. The 12th column tells you if a given class section will auto-enroll you in any additional section(s). If so, you may need to conduct a different search to find the additional meeting times.
Checking Honors Course Registration
Refer to the IT Knowledge Base for how to view your class schedule.
When you view your schedule By Class, each enrolled course will display a Grading Basis. Honors courses have the "Honors Credit" grading basis. Most other courses will simply say "Graded."
“Invalid Grading Basis” Error
The "invalid grading basis" error occurs when a class is changed to/from Honors between the time you put it in your shopping cart and when you enroll.
Remove the course from your shopping cart and re-add it. You should now be able to enroll in the course.