For quick access to important deadlines, check out the Honors Application Timeline.
Admission Forms Based on Year of Application
As a first-year undergraduate applicant to UConn Storrs and/or UConn Stamford, you will automatically be considered for admission to the Honors Program. There is no separate Honors application. Honors Program admission is based on a holistic review of your UConn application. The following may be considered:
- Academic performance including:
- High school class rank (if available)
- High school grade point average
- Rigor of high school academic program
- SAT/ACT scores (optional*)
- Leadership in co-/extra-curricular activities
- Diversity in ethnicity, geography, interests, and talents
*Test optional: We understand that one test may not accurately describe your potential as a UConn Honors student. First-year applicants to UConn (through Fall 2026) will have the choice on whether or not they submit standardized test results. Admission consideration will not be affected if a standardized test score is not provided.
More information about Honors first-year admissions can be found here.
Current UConn and Transfer Students
- A cumulative GPA of 3.40 or higher (at UConn or another institution)
- College academic record
- Application essays
If you have two or fewer years remaining to your undergraduate (or Pharm.D.) degree, the following will also be considered:
- Approval by faculty Honors Advisor in the student’s major department via the Honors Preliminary Plan of Study
Online Honors Application in Quest : In the top right corner of the Quest Portal, click on “Log In” and select “UConn Single Sign-on”. Use your NetID to access the Honors application.