Minimum Criteria for Honors Admission as a Rising or Current Junior
- A complete submitted application (Quest system online) - deadlines, February 11, TBD (Spring 2022) , October 1 (current junior only), December 1 (current junior only)
- A submitted and approved Honors Plan (Quest system online)
- Enrollment as an undergraduate at UConn in intended Honors Major is required
- Four semesters or less before graduation
- 54 credits/four semesters (taken at UConn or another institution of higher education)
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.40 to apply
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.40 at previous institution with official transcript.
Online Application Required Tasks
- Honors Application Cover & Essay - fill out online and Mark as Complete
- List of Activities or Résumé - upload file and Mark as Complete
- Transcript upload task:
- for current UConn students, upload an unofficial copy of your transcript
- for transfer students, and official e-transcript must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org through secure transfer
- Final Review and Submission of Application
Honors Online Application
Access the online Honors application. In the top right corner of the Quest Portal, click on “Log In” and select “UConn Single Sign-on” and use your NetID and password. Then, search for the Honors Program Application.
REQUIRED: Honors Plan of Study
Students applying to the Honors program must meet with an Honors advisor in their major, well in advance of the application deadline to for help choosing the courses to be listed on Honors Plan of Study and the Engagement in the Major requirements. Here is a link to the student instructions, https://honors.uconn.edu/preliminary-plan-of-study/student/.
This online form is required and must be approved by an Honors advisor before consideration of admission to the Honors program. Honors Preliminary Plan of Study.
- You must be enrolled in the major listed on the form prior to your admission to Honors.
- Information for students with more than one major.
Late Applications from Current Juniors
Late Applications from Current Juniors (with fewer than two years remaining)
Students who have junior standing, at least a 3.40 cumulative GPA, and the support of their major department may submit an Honors Junior Application. Current juniors or higher use the junior application and will be reviewed according to the Honors application timeline.