For May graduates, approved theses are due by the last day of spring classes, April 29, 2022.
For August graduates, approved theses are due by August 31, 2022.
For December graduates, approved theses are due by the last day of fall classes, December 9, 2022.
IMPORTANT: The availability of an extension beyond the due date is not guaranteed and you must first be in contact with and obtain approval from your thesis supervisor and your Honors advisor for any extension.
Getting Approval for a Two-week Extension
For May 2022 candidates, if you need additional time to complete your thesis, up to two weeks (to May 13, 2022) you must:
- Contact your thesis supervisor and your Honors advisor to request an extension.
- Obtain support for up to a two week extension from both advisors - no form or paperwork needed.
- Submit your thesis online at quest.uconn.edu and confirm approval from both advisors by the end of the two week extension (May 13, 2022).
- You do not need to notify the Honors Program via email, phone, or fill out a special request form, if your thesis is submitted and approved within the two week window.
NOTE: Two-week extensions are not available for August graduates. The thesis deadline is by August 31st.
Steps for Further Extensions
- Contact your thesis supervisor and your Honors advisor to determine if they will both be available after the two week extension and will support a further extension.
- With your advisors help, determine a timeline and how long of an extension you will need.
- By the end of the two week extension, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- confirming that you have the support of both advisors for a further extension;
- providing the agreed upon new deadline;
- and to learn your options for graduation.
Your approved thesis will be due by the extended deadline.
Extensions beyond the final degree deadline will result in postponement of your degree conferral.