This new online system replaces the hard copy requirement. The process collects the thesis and approvals for Honors Program use only.
Thesis supervisor and Honors advisor approvals will be completed through a recommendation request. This is the terminology used by the system and could not be changed; your “recommendation” for the thesis is a simple form with checkboxes, not a separate letter.
- When a student sends you a recommendation request, you will receive an email from UConn Quest Portal with the subject line Request for Recommendation. If you do not receive the email, it may have gone to a spam/junk folder.
- Please do not use the button within the email. Instead:
- Go to quest.uconn.edu
- Click on Log In in the top right corner
- Select UConn Single Sign-on, then log in using your NetID and password
- If prompted to select a role, choose “Recommender”
- You will now see all recommendation requests. Click the START button to begin a recommendation.
- The next page asks you to accept or decline the recommendation.
To view the submission, click the Preview application link on the top left. Do not click the link on the top right, which will say either “Review Honors Thesis Submission” or “Review Submit Your Honors Thesis.”
- If the submission is correct, click the ACCEPT button to continue.
- If the submission is incorrect, or if you are not the right person to approve this thesis, click the DECLINE button. Please communicate with the student ASAP so that they can correct any errors.
- After you accept the recommendation, you will be asked to complete a short form confirming your approval of the thesis. Click the SUBMIT button when you are finished.
Once all recommendations are submitted, the thesis is automatically routed to the Honors Program for review.
- If you serve as both the thesis supervisor and the Honors advisor for a student, you will receive two recommendation requests and must complete both forms.
- If a student is completing multiple theses, they will complete the thesis submission process multiple times. If they are submitting a single thesis for multiple majors, they will complete this process once and there will be more than one Honors advisor approval.
- If you do not receive a recommendation request that you were expecting, confirm that the student sent it to the correct email address. You may then go to the Quest portal using step #2 above to see if the recommendation is there. If it is not, email email@example.com.
- If the thesis supervisor or the Honors advisor(s) decline a recommendation, the student has been instructed to delete their submission and begin a new one. This will ensure that the student, thesis supervisor, and Honors advisor(s) are all working on the same version.
If you have any questions at any stage in the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.